Chicken and mushrooms are a delight when had as a stew. This is a great recipe for a quick lunch or dinner. Ready in a few simple steps.
Preparation Time 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time 25-30 minutes
Main Ingredients Chicken Breasts & Mushrooms
Level of Cooking Medium
- Chicken Breast 3 (600 grams) – Diced to 1 inch pieces
- Shitake Mushrooms/Button Mushroom 7-8
- Sliced Garlic 5-6 cloves
- Sliced Ginger 1/2 inch
- Olive Oil (or any cooking oil) 2-3 tablespoons
- Cornflour 3 tablespoons and Water 9 tablespoons (combined)
- Sesame Oil 1 tablespoon
- Dark Soy Sauce 2 tablespoons (for seasoning)
- Light Soy sauce 2 tablespoons (for seasoning)
- Salt to taste (for seasoning)
- Sugar 1 teaspoon (for seasoning)
- Chinese Wine (Cooking Wine) 3 tablespoons (optional)
- Water for blanching and later using as stock
Blanch the chicken in boiling water for 2 minutes. Then drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic and ginger until golden brown. Add the chicken pieces and sear the meat for a minute. Now add cooking wine and cover for a minute (optional).
Add the chicken stock, mushrooms and seasoning. Simmer for 20 minutes. Thicken the sauce with cornflour (1:3 ratio of cornflour and water).
Stir in sesame oil and serve hot with fried rice or steamed rice.
(You can follow Indian Curry Shack and stay updated with our delectable recipes by just clicking Follow Button on the left side of the screen and entering your e-mail ID)
3 responses to “Stewed Chicken with Mushrooms”
[…] Bruschetta, Chicken Sausage Aglio Olio, Baked Zucchini Sticks with Aioli, Bread Pizza, Stewed Chicken with Mushrooms, Chocolate Lava Cake and Affogato (Vanilla Ice Cream topped with a shot of Espresso Coffee). […]
[…] https://indiancurryshack.com/2016/06/06/stewed-chicken-with-mushrooms/ Deep-Fried Fish Fillet […]
Looks delicious 😁